MathMentor Private Tutoring
MathMentor offers patient and compassionate personalised tuition in Grade 8-12 Mathematics, in both English and Afrikaans medium. The focus is to boost confidence and capability, and to prepare for tests and exams. MathMentor believes that every learner has the potential of excelling in Maths and aims to inspire the love of learning and improving. We encourage self-discipline and good daily study habits, as we believe the universal truth that talent is not enough.
- Our Offer: The fees for 2017 are R3 500 per school term. The fees include an intensive one-on-one lesson per week. An additional prescheduled lesson is also included per term, to be used for test preparation. Each class is 60 minutes in duration.
- Tests and Exams: If you require more than the fixed lessons, additional slots can be booked at R350/hour in the mornings or afternoons (when available).
- High quality assurance: Each student is individually assessed and catered for according to his/her specific needs and school attended. We have extensive test and exam papers, as well as the CAPS and IEB curriculum and work schemes for most of the schools in our area, and take care to prepare each individual accordingly. Students can be assured of a highly dedicated, experienced high school teacher of more than 30 years, who takes great care and pride to ensure improved results for each individual student.
- Commitments: Best results are achieved by team work; tutor, class teacher, student and parents. We all work together and keep in contact so that the student increasingly understands, learns, consolidates and grows in confidence and enthusiasm.
Currently only Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) Gr. 8-12 classes are available.
- Do not miss your chance: As from 2014, a limited number of 16 students will be enrolled per school year to provide each learner with the individual attention they need. In October of each year we begin the enrolment of new learners for the following year.
- Payment procedure: The fee of R3 500 must be paid within the first month of each term.
- Stationery: For each class please bring along a notebook for keeping summaries and notes to be made by the tutor. An extra exercise book is also recommended.
- Book additional lessons early: Arrange your additional lessons during tests and exam time as early as possible, as we are quickly fully booked during this period.
- Cancellations: Please let me know as soon as you realise that you won’t be able to attend a lesson. MathMentor will try to accommodate at a different time if possible.
- School holidays: We both need a break and don’t offer lessons during school holidays. Extra classes for NBT’s or revision/catch-up may however be booked.
11 Chaucer Road, Claremont, 7708,